Nick and Marion Wilkinson are the proud owners of this historic pub which reopened in December 2010 after a near three year closure. Restoration work is now complete.
There has been an Inn at the site of the Red Lion at Stickford since before the Civil War and it has an interesting history.
It stands in a pretty village setting conveniently just off the A16 between Spilsby and Boston and is within easy reach of the Lincolnshire Wolds and Fens as well as the market towns of Horncastle, Louth and the City of Lincoln.
It is therefore an excellent base for horse riders, walkers and dog walking as well as tourists enjoying the well kept secret of the beauty of Lincolnshire. It is also close to the Lincolnshire aviation heritage centre at East Kirkby.
Good home cooked food and real ale is always available and there are open fires in both bars. A separate room with a Victorian range and French doors into the garden is available for private functions and parties.
We have occasional music evenings with local bands and some themed events such as Burns Night and a 1940’s bash.